Using cutting edge technology, Stringless Technicians contribute to the overall success of our paving operations. The Stringless Technician will work alongside paving crews using robotic total stations along with other survey equipment to guide our concrete pavers. Stringless Technicians also contribute to the control of pavement thickness and smoothness that meet contract requirements.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Position total stations to control the horizontal and vertical alignment of our trimmers and concrete pavers
- As-built pavement to ensure new design ties into existing pavement
- Establish job site control networks
- Perform quality assurance of tolerances to line and grade while paving and trimming operations are in motion
- Construction layout of pavement edges and joints
- Works from engineering plans to establish lines and grades for construction purposes; keep engineering notes and records of data secured
- Coordinate surveying activities with Jobsite Superintendents
WHERE YOU WILL WORK:
The job location is in all areas as required in our geographical work area. The employee will work primarily outdoors, exposed to inclement weather, and in the proximity of biological, chemical, electrical and mechanical hazards.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW TO BE A GOOD FIT:
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and performs strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
- The position requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multi-limb coordination.
- The position requires the ability to quickly move arms and legs.
- The employee must have excellent stamina
- Reliable transportation and willingness to travel to work in all of our geographical job locations
- Ability to report to work on time and perform the duties of the job for a complete workday in our geographical work areas
- Ability to perform overtime, night and weekend work
- Ability to work while wearing personal protective equipment such as a self-contained breathing apparatus, steel-toed shoes, rain gear, hard hats, goggles, etc.
- General knowledge of or have the ability to learn OSHA and appropriate safety precautions and procedures
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to quickly process information and make decisions
- Dependable and able to work independently with little supervision as well as with a team of individuals
- Experience working on construction projects is a plus
- General knowledge of construction materials, tools, equipment, and methods is a plus
- Ability to think clearly in critical, high-pressure situations
- Lift and carry 60 pounds of tools or construction materials over rough surfaces
- Ability to work in a variety of positions throughout the day including standing, stooping, bent at the waist, at waist level, shoulder height and above the head level
- Ability to perform strenuous, sometimes repetitive tasks for long hours at a time
- Possession of Driver License with a clean driving record
WHO WE HIRE:
Emery Sapp & Sons, Inc. is a drug and alcohol-free workplace. Prior to employment, a pre-employment drug and alcohol test is required. ESS is an equal opportunity employer and we make employment decisions on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence. The Company does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, marital/familial status, sexual orientation, veterans’ status, genetic information or disability or any reason prohibited by law. EOE