The Project Manager will contribute to the overall success of the branch throughout the planning, budgeting, construction and post-construction project phases of multiple projects. The Project Manager will ensure that all goals or objectives of the project are accomplished within ESS’ safety guidelines, as well as all designated quality, schedule, and budget requirements. A successful Project Manager will provide leadership to the project team and work with all other interested parties to ensure ultimate client satisfaction.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Manage risk in relation to job-site safety, owner contractual terms, city and/or county specifications, and other contractors that could be working on-site.
- Create, update and distribute the project schedule to ensure project milestones are met. Maintain current two-week schedules help coordinate crews and inform management of following week’s expectations and needs at the weekly scheduling meeting.
- Work with suppliers and field supervision to coordinate material needs and document the delivery and acceptance of the material. Ensure that materials meet specifications and that packing slips match quantity delivered.
- Be knowledgeable of State, Regional and local regulations and permit requirements and acquire all necessary regulatory approval for ESS’ work and or contract requirements.
- Work with estimators to organize a pre-construction meeting with key supervisors in operations to assist in the productive progress of a project.
- Attend, and coordinate if needed, a weekly meeting with the owner or owner’s representative to communicate updated schedule for construction activities and when substantial completion can be expected. Document any punch-list items of work that the owner requires and schedule completion as soon as possible.
- Facilitate and manage all project controls documentation and procedures. Maintain current budgets; notify branch manager of any budget impacts. Facilitate change orders and closeout documentation with clients.
- Communicate and coordinate with local municipal inspectors, consulting firms, engineering firms, owner representatives, and local utilities in regards to ESS’ scheduled construction activities.
- Schedule subcontractors when needed and communicate with them at least two weeks in advance to avoid delays in operations. Coordinate with other contractors working on the same site even if not under ESS scope or contract.
- Coordinate ESS resources with other project managers, general superintendent, project engineer, and general manager.
- Document all project impacts in relation to the project schedule, budget, and plans. Communicate these impacts to Branch Manager and owner or owner’s representative.
WHERE YOU WILL WORK:
This job operates in a professional office environment. This job also requires frequent visits to the project location(s) in all areas as required in our geographical work area. On-site, the employee will work primarily outdoors, exposed to inclement weather, and in the proximity of biological, chemical, electrical and mechanical hazards.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW TO BE A GOOD FIT:
- Excellent communication (verbal & written)
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to quickly process information and make decisions
- Excellent time management with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Detail-oriented and excellent follow through
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks: organizational, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills
- Must be dependable and able to work independently with little supervision as well as with a team of individuals
- Possession of Driver License with a clean driving record
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- Experience in Civil Construction, both in DOT and private/commercial markets
- Experience and proficiency in managing construction projects that include earthwork, utilities and concrete paving, and underground wet utilities
WHO WE HIRE:
Emery Sapp & Sons, Inc. is a drug and alcohol-free workplace. Prior to employment, a pre-employment drug and alcohol test is required. ESS is an equal opportunity employer and we make employment decisions on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence. The Company does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, marital/familial status, sexual orientation, veterans’ status, genetic information or disability or any reason prohibited by law. EOE