The Foreman supervises field operations and the activities of a crew. Foreman may also engage in the trade work of the employees being supervised. The Foreman is responsible for managing employees, assigning job responsibilities, meeting with inspectors, laying out work, keeping job on schedule, communicating company goals and expectations, while directing, coaching and training personnel assigned to the crew, and providing regular updates to superintendents and management via Heavy Job, e-mail, phone conversations, and meetings.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Supervises a crew of up to 10 employees and prioritizes work, focusing on safety, quality, and production
- Assigns job tasks
- Performs coaching and on the job training
- Assess the knowledge and ability of personnel
- Reads and follows plans, material lists, and guidelines and applies necessary timelines.
- Conducts regular Toolbox Talk safety meetings.
- Organizes, supervises, leads and trains employees to complete projects within established guidelines and time frames.
- Complies with OSHA and enforces all company safety policies and procedures.
- Enforces all client-required safety policies and procedures.
- Complies with OSHA and company mandated safety and health regulations
- Maintain a track record of completing jobs under budget and on-time.
- Manage all aspects of the operation including ordering of materials, logistics, maintenance, etc.
- Reviews project on a daily basis to verify labor production
- Updates superintendents and project management on job progress
- Coordination between other crews, subs, and vendors
- Daily submission of time cards and equipment hours
- Completes all paperwork in a timely manner
- Attends branch operations meetings as required
WHERE YOU WILL WORK:
The job location is in all areas as required in our geographical work area. The employee will work primarily outdoors, exposed to inclement weather, and in the proximity of biological, chemical, electrical and mechanical hazards.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW TO BE A GOOD FIT:
- Knowledgeable in Heavy Civil Construction operations
- Proven record of being a self-starter and able to work under limited supervision
- Knowledge of or ability to learn Occupational Safety Hazards and appropriate safety precautions and procedures
- Ability to work well with team members while managing stressful situations in changing environments
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, co-workers, and the public
- Ability to exercise independent judgment within the limits of the position
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer skills are required
- Ability to report to work on time and perform the duties of the job for a complete workday in our geographical work areas
- Ability to perform overtime, night and weekend work
- Ability to work while wearing personal protective equipment such as a self-contained breathing apparatus, steel-toed shoes, rain gear, hard hats, goggles, etc.
- Foreman experience and experience in managing a team
- Experience on all types of heavy equipment and heavy civil projects
- Possession of Driver License with a clean driving record
WHO WE HIRE:
Emery Sapp & Sons, Inc. is a drug and alcohol-free workplace. Prior to employment, a pre-employment drug and alcohol test is required. ESS is an equal opportunity employer and we make employment decisions on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence. The Company does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, marital/familial status, sexual orientation, veterans’ status, genetic information or disability or any reason prohibited by law. EOE